The Positive Space Program at Capilano University is a campus-wide initiative intended to raise awareness and visibility of the LGBTQ+ community. The program aims to develop allies and awareness about the LGBTQ2S+ community with the purpose of creating a more welcoming, respectful, and inclusive environment on campus.
Positive Space at Capilano University is a 3 hour workshop open to CapU students and employees where topics surrounding diversity, inclusion and the LBTQ2S+ community will be addressed. Workshops are offered through the Student Affairs Office and are supported by Human Resources and the Capilano University Students' Union.
Participants of the program will be exposed to:
- Concepts of power, privilege, diversity and inclusion
- Concepts of gender, sex and sexuality
- Overview of the LGBTQ2S+ community including definitions, history and current issues
- Ways to be an active ally
How Does Positive Space Work?
- Workshops are 3 hours in length which include activities and discussion. We ask attendees to please be on time as it is crucial.
- To sign up students can email email@example.com to register and employees can sign up vis the HR training calendar.
- Participants of the Workshop can choose to walk away with a Positive Space display that can be placed in offices, working areas, laptops, etc. as a way to create more positive spaces on campus.
Got more questions?
Visit our FAQs or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.