Live Virtual Fitness Classes
We are excited to be offering a variety of free weekly virtual fitness classes for our campus community. Classes include:
Zumba – Mondays, 4 – 4:45 p.m.
Join Fernanda for a 45-minute latin-inspired dance/fitness class. Beginners welcome, and yes, you can turn your camera off!
Yoga – Tuesdays, 5 – 5:45 p.m.
Ready to zen? Wrap up your day with some stress-release. Join Jessie for a 45-minute, beginner-friendly hatha practice.
HIIT – Wednesdays, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
Sweat it out! Join us for a 30-minute full body, high-intensity workout with Fernanda. All ability levels welcome.
These classes will continue weekly until the final week of classes in April 2021.
Therapeutic Yoga Break – Wednesdays, 12 – 12:30 p.m.
Maggie's lunchtime yoga is back! Join us for a 30-minute therapeutic yoga break to bring some movement and self-care into your day.
These classes will occur weekly until March 31, 2021.
How to join?
- Fill out your group fitness waiver in advance by emailing email@example.com. If you have completed a waiver in the Fall 2020 term, this is sufficient.
- Find the Zoom link in the event calendar. The link is the same each week, so you can add it to your calendar.
- Through our CapU Rec Virtual Fitness group, you can stay updated on weekly activities and hear any reminders.
2020 Recreation movement
This past year, we have been participating in 2020 Recreation Movement, an online portal that allows you to access hundreds of live and pre-recorded fitness classes from Universities across North America.
The movement is continuing into 2021, so you can continue participating in the workouts.
How to Participate
- Go to 2020recreationmovement.com
- Create an account using your @my.capilanou.ca or @capilanou.ca email address
- Choose and take your class
- Log your minutes