Language Resource Centre closed for the summer
Thank you for your visit. The Language Resource Centre is now closed for the term. We look forward seeing you in Fall 2021.
期待很快再见到你。Au revoir! 秋にまた会いましょう！¡Hasta pronto!
The LRC is a space where students can:
- work independently on computerized language assignments
- meet with others to complete a group assignment
- access reference books in various languages
- practice conversation skills with a native speaker
- play a board game or read
The Language Department has created this resource centre to give students the opportunity to work individually, at their own pace, on a variety of assignments ranging from listening exercises to Internet-based assignments.
Students are expected to spend between 30 and 45 minutes a week in the LRC working on specific assignments prepared by their instructor. A list of assignments for each course is posted in the LRC on the white board.
Students receive a mark (from 10% to 15% depending on the course) for their oral-aural work in the Resource Centre. However, the LRC is also open for students who want to meet informally with their conversation instructor or with other students to work on group assignments. Resources such as language dictionaries are available to students.
Please ask the attendant for an orientation, if you have never used the LearningBranch platform, he or she will be happy to help you.
Birch Building, room BR289
Language Resource Centre staff
The LRC is staffed by:
- speakers of Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish, who can answer your language and tech related questions
- staff members who can assist you with the computers
|Supervisor of the LRC||Catherine Glooremail@example.com|