What do we do?
The Career Development Centre (CDC) works to empower students and alumni with the skills, tools and resources they need to achieve their career goals. Through advising, coaching and programming, we support students and alumni in their journey to develop the confidence, adaptability and resiliency that will enable them to effectively articulate their strengths and navigate their careers throughout their lifetime.
Whether you are looking for a job to pay your bills, a volunteer experience to develop your skills or hoping to make the first step onto the career ladder, the CDC is here to help you. Capilano University students and alumni should connect with the CDC to:
- explore and identify your strengths
- learn about your career options
- gain insight into the labour market
- understand employer expectations
- discuss successful job search techniques
- find out how to impress potential employers with a professional social media presence
- receive advice on crafting an effective resume and cover letter
- calm nerves by practising interview techniques and strategies before the big day
- connect with employers through our online job board and events
Career Hub conveniently allows you to book appointments, view job postings, register for events and access resources. Sign-in now!
Indigenous Leadership Program
The Indigenous Intern Leadership Program is a joint initiative of the Business Council of British Columbia, the British Columbia Assembly of First Nations and Vancouver Island University. Indigenous graduates from the twenty five post-secondary institutions in British Columbia are encouraged to apply for meaningful work through internship positions that match your skills and professional interests. Learn more at https://studentemployment.viu.ca/iilp/home.htm.
Get updates on job/volunteer opportunities, career events, workshops, advice or other career-related information.