Appointments are approximately 30 minutes, booked in advance, and provide an opportunity for in-depth program planning.
Students are encouraged to come to these meetings having thought about their interests and what they are hoping to gain from the appointment.
Appointments are ideal for:
- students who need assistance with course selection and initial program planning;
- students who want to check their progress in their program;
- students returning to studies following an absence (especially if they have missed two major semesters i.e. fall and spring);
- students who are exploring transfer options after a period of study at Capilano University
- course pre-requisites, elective options, concentrations;
- continued support for a previously established program plan/ progression checks; and
- newly admitted students wanting assistance in starting their Academic career
The drop-in sessions are intended to be 10 – 15 minutes in duration, and further appointments might be needed for in-depth program planning (60 or more credits, or complex situations).
Students must have a recently updated program planner created by an advisor, please request your program planner by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can book in-depth advising sessions through the appointment booking system.