Appointments are approximately 30 minutes, booked in advance, and provide an opportunity for in-depth program planning.
Students are encouraged to come to these meetings having thought about their interests and what they are hoping to gain from the appointment.
Appointments are offered every day and can be conducted in person at Capilano University or via telephone. Please note we do not currently offer appointments via Skype or video conferencing. Appointments are reserved for individuals who have a Capilano University student number.
To book an appointment, please call 604 984 4900.
Appointments are ideal for:
- students who need assistance with course selection and initial program planning
- students who want to check their progress in their program
- students returning to studies following an absence (especially if they have missed two major semesters i.e. fall and spring)
- students who are exploring transfer options after a period of study at Capilano University
- course pre-requisites, elective options, concentrations
- continued support for a previously established program plan/ progression checks
- newly admitted students wanting assistance in starting their Academic career.
Starting in 2020, advisors will be on the move at CapU!
Advisors will be in your area, so keep an eye out for announcements by faculties, student groups and the Centre for International Experience.
During registration periods, the Academic Advising team will be in BR210 to meet with students to support their academic needs while meeting the demands and urgency of the Add/Drop period.