Applications are now open.
Applications to Become a Mentor in the International Leadership & Mentorship Program 2023-2024 are now open.
Applications close on Friday, July 14, 2023, at 12 p.m. PST
As a mentor, you will have a multitude of opportunities to:
- Develop hands-on skills
Improve and develop your skills in mentorship, event planning, public speaking, teamwork, leadership, cross-cultural communication and more.
- Mentor new international students
Get matched with new international students whom you'll mentor as they transition to CapU and Vancouver.
Expand your social and professional network. Make new friends from across the globe.
Join a compassionate and driven network of approximately 25-30 Mentors with whom you’ll plan, promote and organize social, cultural and educational events and activities.
- Enhance your professional portfolio
Receive a co-curricular record and a certificate of completion after two terms which you can then add to your resume.
- Receive ongoing training and coaching
Participate in a two-day mandatory Mentor Training plus receive coaching, professional development and support throughout your program involvement.
Please read the International Leadership and Mentorship Program agreement before submitting:
- I understand that as part of the application process, my academic and non-academic conduct records with Cap U Student Affairs will be reviewed and I consent to this exchange of information for the purposes of ascertaining my qualifications as a peer mentor.
- I understand that at any time during my participation in the program, I can contact International Student Engagement, Centre for International Experience via firstname.lastname@example.org, with any concerns, problems or issues.
- I agree that at any time I need to remove myself from the program, I will immediately contact International Student Engagement, Centre for International Experience via email@example.com.
- I understand that as a mentor, I must meet all the basic requirements of the program, which includes a minimum time commitment of two terms, in order to complete and receive the International Leadership and Mentorship Program Certificate and a validation on my co-curricular record.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information through responsible information management practices. We collect, use, retain, disclose and dispose of personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), other applicable legislation and Capilano University privacy management practices.
This form collects personal information for the purposes of verification by the International Leadership and & Mentorship Program. It is collected by Capilano University under (s)(26)(c) of FIPPA. By submitting this form, you are providing your consent for the International Leadership and & Mentorship Program to collect and use this information for this purpose. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.