For the Fall 2019 term, apply by September 6, 2019. For Spring and Summer term, application requests will open a couple of months prior to your term start.
As a new international student, you will be matched with a mentor based on your academic program and any specific preferences that you specify through the online form.
For more information email email@example.com. Please note, that we have a limited number of mentors during the Summer term.
If you have not heard from your mentor shortly after your new international student orientation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to connect you with your mentor.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is a mentor?
A mentor is a current CapU student, either a Canadian citizen or an international student, who has been a student at CapU for at least two terms. Your mentor will guide you during your studies, help you learn about Canadian culture and customs, and invite you to international student events to create social connections.
- Who is a mentee?
A mentee is an international student new to CapU and/or Vancouver.
International Leadership & Mentorship Program at Capilano University
- I agree that the CIE can provide the above information about me to all mentors involved in the International Leadership and Mentorship Program at Cap. This information will be held in confidentiality between the mentors and the program coordinator.
- I understand that at any time during my participation in the program, I can email (email@example.com) or phone (604 986 1911 ext. 2421) Enya Ren, International Student Engagement Officer, Centre for International Experience with any concerns.
- I agree that at any time I need to remove myself from the program, I will immediately email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (604 986 1911 ext. 2421) Enya Ren, International Student Engagement Officer, Centre for International Experience.
- I understand that all program participants (including mentors and other mentees) will be required to agree to a similar agreement.
- Please note, your mentor will be contacting you within one week of your New International Student Orientation date.
Your privacy matters
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the B.C. Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (“FIPPA”) and the University Act. This information is used only for the purposes stated at the beginning of the form. Your information will remain confidential, and will only be used or disclosed as authorized under the FIPPA. Should you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, please contact the email@example.com.