Please complete this form if you are a new international student coming to Capilano University and want to be matched with another student (mentor) for support throughout your first semester at CapU.
You will be matched with a mentor based on your academic program and any specific preferences that you specify in this form. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, we have a limited number of mentors during the Summer term. If you have not heard from your mentor shortly after your summer new international student orientation, please contact the email@example.com and we will try our best to arrange an available mentor for the summer term. If we are unable to do this, we ask that you re-apply and request a mentor for the Fall term.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is a mentor?
A mentor is a current CapU student, either a Canadian citizen or an international student, who has been a student at CapU for at least two terms. Your mentor will guide you during your studies, help you learn about Canadian culture and customs, and invite you to international student events to create social connections.
- Who is a mentee?
A mentee is an international student new to CapU and/or Vancouver.
International Leadership & Mentorship Program at Capilano University
- I agree that the CIE can provide the above information about me to all mentors involved in the International Leadership and Mentorship Program at Cap. This information will be held in confidentiality between the mentors and the program coordinator.
- I understand that at any time during my participation in the program, I can email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (604 986 1911 ext. 2421) Enya Ren, International Student Engagement Officer, Centre for International Experience with any concerns.
- I agree that at any time I need to remove myself from the program, I will immediately email (email@example.com) or phone (604 986 1911 ext. 2421) Enya Ren, International Student Engagement Officer, Centre for International Experience.
- I understand that all program participants (including mentors and other mentees) will be required to agree to a similar agreement.
- Please note, your mentor will be contacting you within one week of your New International Student Orientation date.
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the B.C. Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FIPPA”) and the University Act. This information is used only for the purposes stated at the beginning of the form. Your information will remain confidential, and will only be used or disclosed as authorized under the FIPPA. Should you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.