What are the benefits to being a Peer Leader?
There are many benefits of becoming a Peer Leader:
- Reference letters provided to Peer Leaders by staff or faculty overseeing the program
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Increased opportunities for connecting with other students on campus
- Enhanced leadership skills through training and the peer leading experience
- Being a Peer Leader is a Co-Curricular Record approved activity
What teams have Peer Leaders?
Each of the teams below are part of the Peer Leadership program. They each have unique roles that the Peer Leader would take on. Some focus more on one-to-one support, others support larger groups of students, and some do more outreach.
- Accessibility Mentors
- Autism Mentoring Project
- Athletic and Recreation Peer Support Coach
- CapU Works
- Chat Café
- Career Ambassador
- Communications & marketing
- Education and Employment Access Program
- Indigenous Mentorship Program
- International Leadership and Mentorship Program
- Portfolio Project
- Residence Life
- Starting for Success
- Let's Get Consensual Peer Helper
- Writing Centre
- Well-Being Ambassadors
How does the application process work for the Peer Leadership program?
This is a centralized recruitment form for multiple Peer Leader teams. By filling out this form, your application will be sent to all teams that you indicate in the below form.
Those teams will then follow up with you separately for the next steps in the recruitment process if you are a potential fit with their team. You can be a Peer Leader for multiple teams, as long as you can balance it with your academic commitments.
The form below is the whole application; no resume or cover letter needed.
The roles that are open currently for applications are looking for students to start in Fall 2020. Training for teams can start as early as August.
Read the Job Descriptions
Please read the job descriptions that are attached to the team names in the section above or download a complete list of job descriptions to better understand the roles, as they also have different time commitments and compensation.
If you have any questions about this form or the teams please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy matters
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the B.C. Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (“FIPPA”) and the University Act. This information is used only for the purposes stated at the beginning of the form. Your information will remain confidential, and will only be used or disclosed as authorized under the FIPPA. Should you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, please contact the email@example.com.