The BlueShore at CapU is not currently accepting new rental requests at this time.
The BlueShore at CapU is a student and teaching facility. We also host our own series of professional concerts and theatre presentations. We have some availability for community rentals. Once you have reviewed our FAQs, please email a request with your preferred dates and brief description of your event for assessment and availability.
Rental of Venue
Rental rates as of September 2021.
Rate includes 5 hours of Technician and Front of House Manager time.
Not for Profit: $690
- Capital Improvement Fee: $1/attendee
- Piano usage fee: $100
- Piano tuning fee: $300
- Additional hours for Technicians: $35/technician/hour
- Overtime for Technicians (starts after 7 hours): $70/technician/hour
- Additional hours for Front of House Manager: $25/hour
- Overtime for Front of House (starts after 7 hours): $50/hour
- Concession service is subject to staffing availability and not guaranteed. We will do our best to provide service for your event. No concession services will be provided for events that do not have an intermission. Alcohol is not permitted to be sold or served by anyone other than The BlueShore at CapU staff.
- The Technical Supervisor will discuss technical requirements with all user groups and recommend staffing levels to provide appropriate service and safety.
- The user group must communicate their technical requirements and provide a detailed production schedule for their event at least six weeks in advance of the event in order to determine appropriate crew requirements. The final determination of technical staffing will be at the discretion of the BlueShore Financial Centre for the Performing Arts.
A Certificate of Insurance must be provided to the University in advance of the event. This should include a minimum of Two Million Dollars ($2,000,000.00) inclusive limit bodily injury/property damage. Insurance may be purchased through a company of your choice or through All Sport Insurance Marketing Ltd. or EventPolicy.
Further information on renting The BlueShore at CapU can be found on our frequently asked questions and rental documents pages.