Each year, Capilano University's kálax-ay Sunshine Coast campus offers a flexible suite of first-year university courses called First-Year Experience, which allow you to earn credits toward a university degree while you explore a variety of subjects.
As a first-year student taking part in our cross-disciplinary curriculum, you will gain practical experience in research as well as creative and critical thinking that will lay the foundation for your future academic and career success.
Classes combine flexible online and mixed-mode learning and work-integrated learning opportunities with local organizations. You'll apply your academic knowledge to real-world working situations and draw on these experiences in your course work. When you complete your courses, you will be connected, informed and ready to thrive in your community.
Courses can be applied to CapU programs, and most transfer to other post-secondary institutions in B.C. Take just one course or take them all!
Fall 2021 courses
The Fall 2021 course schedule will be available online in June via myCap Schedule. The following courses will be offered in online format:
- AEM 140 – Arts and Entertainment Management I
- BADM 101 – Introduction to Management
- BADM 106 – Organizational Behaviour
- BADM 107 – Business Law I
- CMNS 100 – Basic Business Writing and Editing
- CRIM 101 – Introduction to Criminology
- PSYC 101 – Introduction to Psychology II
- ENGL 100 – University Writing Strategies
- KINE 112 – Health and Human Nutrition
Spring 2022 courses
Check back in the fall for Spring term course offerings.
How to apply
When applying online through EducationPlannerBC, be sure to select Arts-General as your program choice and Sunshine Coast as your campus choice.