Capilano University has an English as a Second Language (ESL) program called English for Academic Purposes (EAP). The EAP program helps you improve your English language skills to succeed at university.
Small classes, friendly instructors, academic success
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) prepares you to:
- research and write academic essays;
- read academic textbooks and peer-reviewed articles;
- understand academic lectures and take notes; and
- deliver academic presentations based on research.
See an overview of the full-time EAP Program (pdf).
EAP Pathway Programs
In a CapU Pathway program, you earn credits for your degree or diploma quickly. EAP and Pathway instructors work together to give you the support and help you need to succeed.
There are two Pathway options available:
Learn more about the EAP Pathway programs.
EAP Placement Test
To find the EAP course that's right for you, you'll need take the EAP Placement Test (EPT) unless you have an ELS, IELTS or equivalent score.
Learn more and register for the EAP Placement Test. The next two testing dates are April 27 and May 4, 2020.
Note: All students must have some English language skills to enter the program. Our EAP courses are not at the beginner level.
Admission requirements for EAP
- B.C. Secondary School graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent;
- a valid English Language Assessment (ELA) test score of a minimum of 32 OR the EAP Placement Test.