Are you an Indigenous student interested in post-secondary courses but don’t feel ready academically? Give your skills and confidence a boost with this program designed to set you up for success.
If you are First Nations, Inuit or Métis and want help getting your writing, math and study skills up to speed for a post-secondary program, this course is for you. You'll gain knowledge and confidence, supported by instructors, fellow students and community Elders. Our goal is for you to gain all the academic skills you need to move into one of the many post-secondary programs at CapU. You could go into Business, Film, Tourism or a degree in Liberal Studies or Science — whatever your dream is, we're here to help you get there.
- Identify cultural influences on learning to develop personal strategies for lifelong learning.
- Apply strategies for academic success.
- Apply the elements of clear spoken and written communication.
- Collaborate with others to achieve a common goal.
- Apply critical thinking, critical reading, and critical writing to articulate multiple points of view.
- Apply quantitative reasoning skills to solve mathematical problems.
Total program credits: 18.00
Oct 1, 2019 - Sep 1, 2020
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 6, 2020
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2020 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
Students whose grades do not reflect their academic potential may be admitted into the program after completing the department's writing assessment and interview.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU