Capilano University in partnership with the Local Government Management Association of BC offers the following MATI (Municipal Administration Training Institute) courses:
- 2019 MATI Courses (pdf)
- PADM 205 MATI Advanced Communication Skills for Local Government Professionals (pdf)
- PADM 207 MATI Managing People in Local Government Organizations (pdf)
- PADM 204 MATI Leadership in Local Government Organizations (pdf)
- PADM 208 MATI Community Planning in Local Government Organizations (pdf)
- PADM 308 MATI The Successful CAO – Local Government Advanced Management (pdf)
MATI courses are held in a 6-day residential format (all accommodation and meals are included in the course fees). Course locations include Bowen Island and Kelowna. If you are interested in attending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These programs have been developed in partnership with the Local Government Management Association of BC working with senior practitioners in the field of local government, and educators familiar with current and on-going issues facing local government. Each course offers participants extensive opportunities for skill building, discussion and interaction with a widely diverse group of leading academic and local government figures. The MATI courses do not need to be completed in order.
Also, see the LGMA website for further information about MATI programs.