The Human Kinetics Diploma – Exercise Science stream develops students’ knowledge in the biological and physical sciences and applies it to the study of human movement.
Please note: The last intake for this program was Fall 2019. Any students interested in studying Human Kinetics should apply to the Diploma in Human Kinetics.
Discover the hidden science behind physical movement and learn more about the human body and its relationship to exercise.
Our Exercise Science stream prepares you for a career in exercise physiology, biomechanics, motor control, sport psychology and exercise management.
It's suitable for students planning to transfer to UBC to study for a BA in Kinesiology. Many other schools accept our courses for transfer as well.
- Effectively communicate - in written and oral forms - using appropriate health and Human Kinetics terminology where applicable.
- Describe how physical, social and psychological factors impact the health of an individual and community.
- Collect, evaluate and interpret health and Human Kinetics research data.
- Assess, design and implement health, fitness and educational programs.
- Utilize technology to analyze heath and human movement.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and ethics.
Total program credits: 60.00
Students need to complete twelve credits of first year sciences in three of the four subject areas (Biology, Chemistry, Math, Physics) in order to graduate from Human Kinetics.
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.