The Conducting in Music certificate is for currently active teachers and musicians.
The program is set up so you can continue work while earning your credential. Most classes take place in the evening over an eight-month period.
Graduates of this program will be able to conduct choral and instrumental ensembles effectively and confidently.
For information about our grads, instructors and to hear music performed by our students, visit the Music blog.
- Conduct effectively in any metre, including subdivisions, cues, cutoffs, articulations, phrasing, changes in metres, tempi, dynamics and with expressiveness.
- Analyse scores for rehearsal and performance purposes including the musical events noted in outcome number 1.
- Identify technical content, strengths and weaknesses in other conductors.
- Effectively run a vocal or instrumental ensemble rehearsal.
- Conduct effectively with or without a baton, using right and left hands independently.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 20.00
Oct 1, 2019 - Apr 7, 2020
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 6, 2020
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2020 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU