The Bachelor of Performing Arts is currently undergoing a program redesign. We are planning to relaunch in the Fall of 2023.
The one-of-a-kind BPA degree-completion program provides the unique opportunity to achieve a bachelor’s degree in one additional year of study. Get the latest information about the upcoming relaunch of the BPA by joining our contact list below.
Expanding upon previous training and/or an existing performance practice, the BPA engages students with the aesthetic, conceptual, formal, cultural and practical aspects of performance creation across multiple mediums.
Combining academic research and hands-on studio experimentation, culminating in the creation and production of a capstone performance project, the curriculum explores how to strengthen and sustain a self-generated practice as both a content-creator and event producer.
Program graduates will have the capability of pursuing graduate studies and contributing to arts and culture at local, national and international levels.
BPA program goals
The one-year Bachelor of Performing Arts degree completion program augments previous training and experience by providing a foundation in the knowledge and skills required to sustain an entrepreneurial performance practice.
Upon completion, graduates will:
- be able to fully realize a performance piece using a variety of media from concept to creation through to production and performance;
- be able to identify and access the resources necessary to sustain an entrepreneurial practice;
- be able to articulate the principles underpinning their artistic and/or producing practice;
- be able to pursue graduate studies; and
- be able to assume active responsibility for their development as integral and innovative participants in society.