The two-year Accounting Assistant Diploma program gives students practical accounting skills, computer competence and basic management expertise that ensure success in the workplace.
The Fall 2021 intake for the Accounting Assistant Diploma program has been cancelled and is no longer running.
Graduates gain a solid foundation in accounting/bookkeeping and general business knowledge with courses in management, quantitative methods, business law, finance, economics and communications during their second year.
- Apply and integrate accounting theory, skills and computer applications, in teams and individually, in practice-based and / or work integrated learning (WIL) activities.
- Demonstrate analytical and reflective thinking techniques to identify and analyze business problems.
- Leverage innovative technologies and techniques to enhance decision-making, collaboration and communication in business settings.
- Work collaboratively in diverse groups by engaging in team-building, problem-solving, and self-management.
- Produce effective business documents and deliver effective oral business presentations using a variety of appropriate technologies.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 60.00
Students are restricted to credit for only one of BFIN 244 or BFIN 341 towards this credential. (Students planning to take the Bachelor of Business Administration Accounting concentration must take BFIN 341).
Students who achieve a minimum grade of B in the following courses will receive credit from the School of Business:
-BTEC 117 and BTEC 217 may substitute for BFIN 141;
-BTEC 125 and BTEC 126 may substitute for BCPT 123 and a business elective;
-upon completion of the Accounting Assistant program, BTEC 211 may substitute for CMNS 220.
Note: BTEC 252 is equivalent to BADM 106
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
Please note: Applicants who do not have the math admission requirements for the diploma may apply for the Accounting Assistant Certificate. The certificate is the first year of the diploma and includes BTEC 115. With a minimum B- in BTEC 115, students may then continue on to the diploma.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar.Apply Now