As one of your first CapU experiences, New International Student Orientation will be fun and meaningful!
- Meet CapU staff and instructors who are here to teach, coach and guide you.
- Get to know your mentors! They're eager to support you and show you around and help you navigate your first term.
- Receive tips on how to use your Welcome Guide for International Students.
- Attend workshops aimed to help you do well in class and adjust to your life as a CapU student.
- Explore student services, supports and social events all while expanding your network.
Spring 2022 New International Student Orientation
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Orientation is mandatory for all new international students. You will receive the registration link in November, check your CapU email to register.
The Spring 2022 New International Student Orientation will be on Tuesday, January 4, 2022. At this moment, the orientation will take place virtually with some components on campus, in person. We will send further information to your CapU email as soon as we have more details about the programming.
During this event, you will see the CapU spirit come alive! This is your opportunity to meet your fellow students and learn about your new University all while having fun and making your first CapU memories.
In order to ensure you are best prepared to succeed on your academic journey, the New International Student Orientation is mandatory for all new international students. If you are uncertain about your travel plans or study permit status, we still recommend you register for the New International Student Orientation so you can learn about what to expect as a CapU student.
While you're at it..
- Check out your Welcome Guide for New International Students on eLearn!
It has everything you need to know (and then some) about starting at CapU and will be an important resource for you to reference at different times throughout your studies. To access the Welcome Guide, log in to eLearn and click on the Welcome Guide for New International Students course in your dashboard.
- Sign up for a student mentor!
Our student mentors are part of the International Leadership & Mentorship Program (ILMP) and are specifically trained to help you navigate your first term at CapU. As our mentors are in their second year or more, they are seasoned pros and eager to share helpful tips and tricks for being a successful student, show you how to access student services, and invite you to fun events so you can start meeting new people and making new friends.
- Update your contact info!
It is important that we have your most up to date contact info, especially if you have a new Canadian address. So please be sure you double check your student account to confirm your information is accurate. To do this, log in to your myCapU account and click on the “Personal Information” tab, and make any required updates from there.
- You can get acquainted with the North Vancouver Campus by watching our campus tour video.