Capilano University promotes cybersecurity processes and practices designed to prevent cybercrime attacks. IT Services has implemented several technologies to help protect Capilano University devices, networks and accounts.
- Spam filters to protect Capilano University employee email accounts against phishing attempts and suspicious attachments that may infect computers.
- Office 365 spam and connection filters to protect Capilano University student email accounts against phishing attempts and suspicious attachments that may infect computers.
- Firewalls to help protect all of Capilano University wired and wireless networks from internet attacks which may attempt to gain access to information on campus devices.
- Anti-virus and anti-spyware software to protect against malware and ransomware attacks on Capilano University-owned computers.
- Regular software and operating system updates which fix known vulnerabilities that cybercriminals try to exploit.
- Security tools for early detection of ransomware attacks on Capilano University-owned computers.
- Real-time security alerts to enable faster responses to potential cybercrime attacks.
You can become an ally in protecting Capilano University from cybercrime, by educating yourself on cybersecurity practices. Stay informed by reading our materials on how to protect yourself.