Find quick answers to common WebEx problems.
- Check that you are using the correct username; the WebEx username is the same as your Capilano University username in the form firstnamelastname (e.g. johnsmith5, lorasmith).
- Check that you are using your Capilano University password.
- If you are still unable to log in, please contact IT Services.
Please contact IT Services to request a hosting account. More information and further instructions are on the Getting Started with WebEx page
We have a WebEx camera and tripod available for use.
There are two ways to borrow audio-visual equipment:
- By visiting IT Services in Library Building, room LB101 during our office hours. Make sure to bring your employee card.
- Sending a request through the Ask IT Service Centre.
Make sure to request audio-visual equipment at least 48 hours in advance.
The Cisco video conference room system is currently available in the following rooms:
- Sign-in to the podium
- Open Chrome, go to capilanou.webex.com and log in with your CapU account.
- Click on Start Meeting.
To schedule a future meeting, click on Schedule a Meeting from the Host a Meeting section. Please see Hosting WebEx Meetings for detailed instructions.
- Press Call on tablet and enter Meeting ID. To find the Meeting ID, click on the information icon in the meeting window.
- Adjust the speaker camera as needed.
- Sign-out of the meeting when done.
Remember to sign-out fo the Webex as well as log out of the Podium computer when you are finished.