Building hours: 7:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m., Monday-Saturday
Library Building: 7:00 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Registrar's Office and student services hours: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday
kálax-ay | the Sunshine Coast Campus
For the latest hours and information call 604 885 9310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Building hours: 8:15 a.m.-4:15 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday; and 8:15 a.m.-9:15 p.m. on Friday
This location is open only for students and faculty for the limited number of courses taking place at this location.
(Updated January 11, 2021)
Cleaning kits have been placed in all commonly used areas. Our cleaning and custodial staff have implemented infectious disease cleaning protocols that incorporate viral disinfectants (Virox) in their regular custodial practices. We have increased frequency of cleaning common, high-touch surface areas up to eight times per day (i.e., door handles, railings and keyboards) and custodial staff are deep cleaning key areas on a regular basis after hours. We continue to have cleaners on campus seven days a week.
Keyboards covers have been placed on all computer keyboards in the Library and cleaning kits are provided at computer stations for users to wipe down keyboards before and after each use.
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems in buildings on campus follow guidelines from the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). In response to COVID-19, ASHRAE recommends HVAC system operational changes to help prevent the spread of this disease:
- Filtration: Upgrade equipment filters to MERV-13
- Ventilation: Fresh air intake increase - more outdoor air is introduced to the space while the returning air is discharged outside
- Post Occupancy Flush: End of day building purge - once the campus is empty, the HVAC system will fully purge the building with fresh air
Campus buildings, on average, can exchange the air in a room anywhere from 8-12 times. Moving forward, we will be regularly checking with ASHRAE for operational updates to ensure that we are doing all we can to help prevent the spread of this disease.
Food services on the main campus remains limited. The Birch Building Cafeteria is closed until further notice. Students and employees have the following options:
- Bring your own food. Please note that communal microwaves are not available due to COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- Vending machines are available with a variety of food and beverage options, including fresh food vending machines at the Nat and Flora Bosa Centre for Film and Animation.
- Order from food delivery services using the central Birch Building roundabout as a curbside pick-up point. Other pick-up points around the main campus are being considered. Signage will be posted.
(updated January 11, 2021)
All campus tours, space rentals, external filming on campuses and external bookings have been cancelled until further notice