Preventing the spread of COVID-19 on campus
Most instruction and support services continue to be delivered online. At the same time, CapU is taking steps to prepare for on-campus activities, where safe and appropriate.
The University is creating several changes to promote health and safety in response to COVID-19. Some of the changes on campus:
- physical distancing barriers;
- wellness checks for employees, students and visitors;
- occupancy limits for all spaces on campus;
- reconfiguring or removing furniture to meet physical distancing requirements;
- increased handwashing facilities, supplies and personal protective equipment guidelines for use, where necessary; and
- training for the new campus work and learning environment for both students and employees.
Safety Policies, Guidelines and Plans
All students and employees are to do a wellness check if they are planning to be on campus. Any person experiencing cold or flu symptoms of any kind should not come to campus.
Safe Classroom Spaces
Making classrooms and other educational spaces safe for students and employees is a key priority in preparation for increased on-campus activity. Read more about our steps and policy for making safe classroom spaces on our campuses.
Having safe workspaces is important for the health and safety of employees on-campus. Employees should familiarize themselves with the Safe Workspaces policy and procedures.