Orientation is an important time for students at the beginning of the academic year to:
- Become acquainted and oriented to the campus and academic support services
- Meet faculty & other students that will become part of their support network
- Get a sense of the CapU spirit and CapU student life
- Have fun and create amazing CapU memories
Register for Orientation
Registration for the Fall 2018 Orientation is now open!
All new students (domestic and international) must attend a mandatory New Student Orientation on September 4 at 9 a.m.
Check-in for Orientation opens at 7 a.m. It is recommended you come by 8 a.m. to allow you to register, meet new people and be ready for the opening ceremony. All returning CapU students are welcome to join the scavenger hunt and street party during orientation for an opportunity to network with other students in your faculty.
International students must also register for the International Student Orientation taking place on August 30.
Checklist for Orientation
- Register for orientation when you receive your email and social media invite.
- Download the Orientation app to create your personalized schedule and stay up to date with all events. (New students must attend the September 4 orientation events)
- Follow CapU and @CapUStudentLife on social media for sneak peaks about orientation at CapU!
- Complete the CapU Online Pre-Orientation to help you successfully transition into CapU. You can access the online orientation starting end of July through your Moodle homepage under the "Starting for Success" title.
Want to volunteer during orientation? Sign up today!
Thank you for volunteering! An event of this magnitude requires support and participation from the entire campus community!
Whether you are a returning student, employee, or alumni we welcome you to volunteer because you play a key role in shaping the student experience and welcoming your colleagues to CapU.
Please log-in to Capilano University's new Volunteer Portal and choose your shifts!
As a volunteer you will need to attend a mandatory volunteer training. They are two hours in length with the first hour being content specific to orientation that you must stay for and the second hour is optional time allotted to answering any questions. You can pick one of the following dates:
- August 22, Library Building, room LB322, 9-11 a.m.
- August 23, Library Building, room LB322, 9-11 a.m.
- August 28, Library Building, room LB322, 2-4 p.m.