For comprehensive information about the Capilano Students' Union (CSU), see the Capilano Students' Union website or visit the CSU Member Centre.
The Capilano Students' Union (CSU) is a non-profit organization run by a democratically-elected student board that aims to improve every student's university experience by organizing social, political and cultural events and offering low-cost services that make life easier. The board of directors, who are independent from the University's administration, also works to protect the rights of students. The CSU is dedicated to advancing the interests of students by working to achieve a system of post-secondary education that is accessible to all. The CSU works to advance post-secondary education policies in areas such as tuition fees and student financial assistance.
Every student registered for credit courses at the North Vancouver or Sunshine Coast campus of Capilano University is a member of the CSU. The CSU employs a team of staff to assist the elected board of directors in running the organization, advocating on behalf of all students and delivering a wide range of services.
Here are just some of the services the CSU provides to make your life easier:
- every semester the CSU consigns student's used books and then sells them back to other students at 70 per cent of the retail price at their used book sale. We have the cheapest books on campus and students who consign receive 60 per cent of the book price after their book has been sold.
- free student agenda
- dozens of clubs with access to funding and resources
- housing registry of accommodations available for and wanted by students
- extended health & dental plan – more details can be found on the I Have A Plan website
- U-Pass BC provides students with a monthly transit pass for $41 per month
- constituency rooms: Queer Resource Centre (Library Building, room LB141), Women's Centre (Library Building, room LB137), and Kéxwusm-áyakn Student Centre (Library Building, room LB196)
- student spaces: Treehouse (Library Building, room LB131), CSU Members Centre (Library Building, room LB195) and the CSU Maple Lounge (Maple Building, room MA116)
- locker rentals for $19 to $28 in the Library and Fir buildings
- report binding for $3-4 per report