Frequently Asked Questions

  • Are there any residences on campus?

    No, not at this time. You can contact the Student Union for information regarding available rental accommodations.

    How do I find out about scholarships, bursaries and other forms of Financial Assistance?

    You can find information on the Music Diploma Website Scholarships & Bursaries page. For information on Financial Assistance contact the Financial Aid Office.

    What does the program cost?

    Please see the current Fees and Fee Payment schedules.

    Can the program be taken part-time?

    Yes, but you still must go through the audition process.

    Do I have to attend an audition in person?

    All prospective students wishing to enter the Music Diploma Program are required to audition on their primary instrument. Those students unable to attend a live audition may submit a tape/CD or video recording for assessment.

    Do I need to write an EDT?

    All students must write an EDT for entry into university English courses unless you are exempt. Please go to the English Diagnotic Test website for more information.

    Do I need a TOEFL or ELA score?

    If English is not your first language, or you have received your education in another language you are required to submit, along with your application, a TOEFL or ELA score. Contact the Registrar's Office at (604)-984-4900 for more information.

    What level of English do I need to enter your program?

    You must meet the standards for enrolment in a 100 level English course.

    How long do I have to be out of high school to apply to your program as a mature student?

    After two years out of high school, written requests for admission as a mature student will be considered by the admissions officer.

    What high school graduation requirements do I need to enter your program?

    - BC Secondary School Graduate (Grade 12) or equivalent or Mature student status. 
    - A minimum GPA of 2.0 (60%) calculated on English 12 and three academic Grade 12 courses*