Nancy co-founded the Capilano Music Therapy program in 1976
and continues to teach in the program. Nancy brings a depth of compassion,
blended with a remarkable breadth of knowledge, and a lived history of
Canadian Music Therapy, into the classroom. She is a performance pianist as
well as an Accredited Music Therapist and a Fellow of the Association for
Music and Imagery.
Additional Music Therapy Work:
- The majority of Nancy’s work is at Capilano University. Nancy
maintains a small private practice with adults using Music Therapy,
counselling, and Guided Imagery and Music.
Areas of Interest:
- Improvisation, creativity, spirituality, and
Music Therapy education.
- Invited Keynote presenter, Canadian
Association for Music Therapy Conference, 2013.
- A remarkably wide
variety of boards, committees, conference presentations and publications.
- A lifetime of training therapists who bring musicianship, depth and
compassion to their clients.
- A number of piano performances including
a series of piano recordings: “Simple Fare”, “From the Heart” and “Rapt in