Camilla is an Accredited Music Therapist
and began teaching Private Music Instruction Guitar to Music Therapy
students in September 2014. Camilla has worked as a music
therapist since 2005 and primarily uses guitar in her
work. She has supervised multiple Music Therapy Practicum and
Internship students over the last 10 years. Her approach
to teaching reflects her awareness of the student process to prepare for
internship and ultimately for their career as a music
therapist. Her experience performing in Jazz
groups, corporate event rock/rhythm and blues/pop band, and solo
guitar/vocal wedding performer influences her teaching a
wide variety of repertoire including many genres and grooves.
Additional Music Therapy Employment:
- Current: Kiwanis Care Centre, VCH, working throughout
the Complex Care Home including Special Care Unit Plus with dementia and mental
- Past: Minoru Residence, Richmond Lions Manor, Kinsmen
Place Lodge complex care homes.
Hospital Palliative Care Unit and Hospice
Music Therapy Clinical Areas of Interest:
- Complex Care - Dementia, Parkinson’s Disease, Mental Illness,
Huntington’s Disease, Brain Injury, and other health related issues
- Palliative Care - Youth with Special Needs
- Working within a multidisciplinary team at a complex care home
- Being a member of a Comfort Care Committee and participating in
2 facility Accreditation processes.
- Contributing 6 years of service to the MTABC as the Conference
Chairperson, Treasurer, and the Continuing Education Chairperson.