Extending Your Stay

      • To change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a student, you have two options:

        Your study permit provides you with a legal status to remain in Canada.

        Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

        Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is a document thatallows you to enter Canada. It does not matter if your Temporary Resident Visa TRV) expires while you are residing in Canada. As long as your Study Permit remains valid, you can legally stay and study in Canada.

        The following are two helpful resources:

      • Deb Jamison

        Debbie Jamison

        International Student Immigration Liaison

        Deb will be able to assist you in navigating through the CIC website and share with you the tips and advice on how to apply successfully.

        To book an appointment, contact inted@capilanou.ca or 604.990.7914.