February 16, 2004: Scribble for literacy
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 16, 2004
Contact: John Pass
Tel: 604.885.9310, local 5913
(SECHELT, B.C.)—The Sunshine Coast campus of Capilano College invites writers of all ages, backgrounds and experience to help us celebrate the written word in our community. Submit samples of your writing to participate in our Scribble for Literacy event in April. A wide selection of entries will be chosen to be read, sung or performed to showcase writing on the Coast. Prizes galore! All entrants will receive free tickets to the event and the proceeds will help to support literacy education at the College.
• Entries may be in any genre, on any subject, previously unpublished.
• Length limit is one page double-spaced (for prose), or single-spaced (for poetry, lyrics, etc.).
• Entries should be typed or word-processed on 8.5 inch by 11.5-inch white paper.
• Enter in adult or youth (13 - 18 years) categories.
• Judging is blind. Do not identify yourself on your entry. Enclose your name, address and phone number (and age if under 18) on a separate sheet of paper with the title of your entry.
• Entry fee must accompany each submission. Adult fee is $5, youth $3.
• Mail your entry to Capilano College, P.O. Box 1609, Sechelt, B.C. V0N 2A0, or drop it off at 5627 Inlet Avenue, Sechelt. E-mail submissions are not accepted.
•Deadline for submissions is March 31, 2004.
The Scribble for Literacy judges are Jan DeGrass, Theresa Kishkan and John Pass.
- 30 -